Friday, March 5, 2010

Felt corncob with removable husks

In the play garden at Kaleidoscope, there were several cornstalks with felt corncobs attached magnetically. I thought a cornstalk or two would be a cute addition to my felt garden, but after attempting my first corncob, I can say with confidence that there will be no cornstalks.

My corncob project was delayed two separate times when I ran out of yellow thread and then green felt. It was also very time-consuming to stitch the kernels and the lines on the husks. I was working without a pattern again, so I had to make it work as I went. The bottoms of the cob and husk were especially challenging, and I just did the best I could to make them semi-presentable.

I finally finished it today, so here it is, my felt corncob with removable husks!



This will be my one and only corncob, and I’ll be sure to choose a simpler vegetable to attempt next, because this one was a big pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment